An employee undertaking the Better Business for Colleagues programme will attend seminars and undertake eLearning modules, to complete the course. The seminars will be delivered by people with extensive business and employee ownership experience.
As the diagram above shows, there are five main themes that make up the programme:
- The first theme covered in a seminar is an introduction to Employee Ownership. If the company and employees are well underway on their EO journey, this module may not be necessary.
- The second theme covers the company's constitution (the "rules"), how companies are structured and how good governance is conducted by the directors.
- The third theme looks at shareholders, shares and dividends.
- The fourth theme addresses company finance – working capital, day-to-day operational finance, sources of capital and taxes.
- The last theme looks at how learning from earlier modules comes together in a specific employee owned company and looks at some of the practices that make EO a success.
We recommend that the modules are followed in the order shown above, but the eLearning modules in particular provide lots of flexibility to fit in with work commitments.
If you would like to take this course, please click here to send us your details.